What is rePETe
What Is rePETe and How It’s Giving Water Bottles a Second Chance at Life
rePETe is a trademarked term that ChicoBag/To-Go Ware uses for their exclusive product line made entirely from recycled materials. You can’t find them anywhere else!
What kind of recycled materials does rePETe item contain?
- All ChicoBag rePETe products contain a portion of certified Repreve fabric, made from 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles.
- Many products also have recycled components, like carabiners, cording, or cord locks.
Why is the name “rePETe” spelled and stylized this way?
“PET” (sometimes “PETE”) is the abbreviation for “polyethylene terephthalate,” aka the most common type of single-use plastic used for products like bottled beverages, mouthwash, and salad dressing containers. It’s fortunately very easy to recycle this material into fiber for ChicoBag's reusable bags.
Why is rePETe such an important initiative for ChicoBag and To-Go Ware?
- Reduces carbon emissions. Studies from ChicoBag's 2019 Impact Report show their rePETe products create 31% fewer carbon emissions than their brand-new virgin polyester equivalents.
- Helps close the loop on manufacturing processes. This means ChicoBag uses recycled materials to create new components for their products--AND that these products can be recycled at the end of their lifetime.
- Gives back to the planet. 1% of annual sales from the ChicoBag's rePETe line goes to the 1% for the Planet movement to support environmental charities.
What products are part of ChicoBag's rePETe line?